Works on Paper: the 365 Series
The artistic journey I began on January 1, 2015 came to a successful finish just an hour before midnight on January 31st. Three hundred sixty-five new works on paper were created during this year-long challenge.
Although many paintings sold, those that remain can be purchased for $100 each.
Please click on the individual gallery photos for availability and media description. Each piece is signed and dated.
Size: 16" x 16" (paper); 12" x 12" image size
Paper: acid-free, cold press, 140 lb (300 gms)
Shipping costs are not included and will be determined based on location of purchaser; international shipping is available.
Follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Jillian.Austen and check out "News" for information and updates about my new projects in 2017.
Please email me to make a purchase.
Works on Paper: The 365 Series - Reflections on the Year Gone By
1. My heartfelt thanks go out to everyone for all the kind words, encouragement and support!
- over 100 works found new homes
- they are scattered over 16 states and 5 countries outside the US
- the highest per capita concentration from The 365 Series can be found in a small Colorado mountain town: 1 painting for every 60 residents.
2. I went through over $600 worth of watercolor paper alone, and I estimate about $1500 in additional supplies.
- Each work in the series took between 5 and 6 hours to complete, for a total of over 2000 hours in the studio.
3. Countless additional hours were spent researching, analyzing and studying.I've discovered some wonderful new artists and techniques, in all mediums.
- My biggest surprise was watercolor. Once one learns to "get out of the way and let flow", it's a very uninhibited process.
4. Something I've always known was reinforced with this project and bears repeating: There are no shortcuts... at least not to any place that's worth going.
- I first heard that years ago from my piccolo teacher, John Krell.
5. Remember, the remaining works in The 365 Series are still for sale. Visit my website to see the complete series: www.jillausten.com
6. What's next, you ask? Islands! I am planning a series of residencies, both formal and informal - more information to follow.
- First stop, The Bahamas.
Confetti and Champagne Fizz
12/31/15 New York, NY
mixed media collage